Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Robin Thicke Blames Pharrell For Stealing Marvin Gaye's Song



 Ripping Off: Robin Thicke accused of 'lifting' Marvin Gaye's song on "Blurred Lines"


As if losing Paula Patton isn't enough life drama, Robin Thicke has been dragged to court by Marvin Gaye's family for 'lifting' their father's hit song, "Got To Give It Up" on his Pharrell Williams produced song, "Blurred Lines".
But he is now telling lawyers this week that he was completly high when the song was produced and honestly, Pharrell did the production and writing of the 'stolen' song.see more details below...


We'd earlier reported that the Gaye family claims the R&B singer didn't give credit to their father's sweat but proclaimed him and Pharrell originated his song.
Well, in court this week, Thicke claims he was wasted on Vicodin and booze when he helped create "Blurred Lines" ... and that's his defense to allegedly ripping off Marvin Gaye.
Robin Thicke & Pharrell Williams

When asked if he was present when Pharrell created "Blurred Lines." Thicke responded, "I was high on Vicodin and alcohol when I showed up at the studio." Adding that he was pretty high that he really wasn't involved in the creative process.
To make matters even more interesting, Thicke kind of blamed Pharrell for the track copycat, saying, "The reality is, is that Pharrell had the beat and he wrote almost every single part of the song."
Shockingly, in a previous interview with GQ Magazine, Thicke had once said, "Pharrell and I were in the studio and I told him that one of my favorite songs of all time was Marvin Gaye's 'Got to Give it Up.'  I was like, 'Damn, we should make something like that, something with that groove.'"
But to defend himself against that same phrase he made, the singer told lawyers, "With all due respect, I was high and drunk every time I did an interview last year."

In his own words, he said, "Every day, I woke up, I would take a Vicodin to start the day and then I would fill up a water bottle with vodka and drink it before and during my interviews."
To clear the air, Robin revealed he's now drug free, telling the Gaye family lawyer, "I've been sober for the last 2 months ... When your wife leaves you, it gives you good reason to sober up." But funny enough, he's just off Vicodin and not alcohol.What do you think of his story, or we should just wait for pharrell's responds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment